Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A different kind of family

Andi was buried today. Now, I won't do the 'survivor thing' and pretend she was perfect or that we were incredibly close. Neither are true. But she was a part of my life and a part of our family in a very different way. She was a friend, and was someone who impacted my life. Since her cancer diagnosis over 18months ago, I have thought of her & prayed for her almost every day. Before my son was born, I used to wake up in the middle of the night and lie awake praying for her and her family, for hours. After my son was born, I did warfare intercession (does such a thing exist?) during my TaeBo workouts believing that somehow God was going to heal her body. I carried her with me, in an almost tangible way- unlike anything I've experienced and in a way that defied reason.

She died suddenly last week. Nathan was at the hospital for a few hours. It was a shock to all of us who love the family.

Today as I wept at her funeral, I felt like a sister had died. I looked around that room and saw that many felt the same way.

No comments: