Friday, March 28, 2008

75 Questions

75 Questions to ask yourself, so I'm going to take them one at a time. http://www.lyved.com/life/75-questions-to-ask-yourself/

1. Why not me?

Hmmm. Too many times, I've asked myself 'why me'? Not just bad things, mind you, but good things. So ok- back to the question. Why not me? Well, it brings many things to mind- selfishness, empowerment, concern over being self-centered instead of Christ centered, loneliness, false martyrdome.....

Mostly, it makes me think that all of the promises of God are available to me. They really are...its all available and I too easily & readily apply it to everyone else, but kind of skip myself. Why not me?

2. Am I nice?

Well to most people yes, very. To my kids? Oh my. I don't think so. I feel like I am too harsh, too yelling, too terse, rude, blunt and frustrated WAY too often to be considered nice. What is it about kids that really reduces even the most composed individual, to simplistic rubble when seen through the eyes of a child.

3. Am I doing what I really want to do?

At core, that is not a fair question if viewed in a one-dimensional sense. Do I like being a SAHM? No. But, life is about seasons (boy, am I learning that....) and its not all what you wished for. Do I want to re-clean my kitchen 3x a day, 7 days a week? NO!!!! I would happily abdicate that responsibility to someone else. But rephrase the question...."Am I where I want to be?" Absolutely- I am my children's mother- always and forever. I will not give this job to anyone else, even if it's not what I've always wanted to do in a broad 'calling/passion/dream' sense. There is time enough for all of it, right?

Thats enough for tonight :-)

No comments: