Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Friend Jadie

I met her 10+ years ago when she was 8 months pregnant and standing at my door. Our husbands were in class together at Regent. She is now one of my dearest friends, even though we haven't lived near each other for 6 years and we sometimes go a few months without talking to each other. We have shared openly, honestly about our triumphs & failures, given life & encouragement to those dry, barren places- and both love to eat and shop. I'm meeting her in Indianapolis this weekend (a halfway point for both of us)- just for 24 hours, but I'm already happy.

It makes me think about friendship. I've just relocated and don't have many friends yet. I'm part of a moms group (carbon copy of MOPS) and slowly, slowly, slowly am feeling more comfortable. God has brought dear friends into my life at every stage, and He'll do it again.

No comments: